TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Natural variations of colour and texture of the timber are not to be considered defects. Minor shrinking and swelling of componenets particularly raised panels, is a normal characteristic of timber which varies with seasonal humidity conditions and is not considered a defect.
- Doors are to be accorded reasonable treatment by the purchaser and should be stored or hung in a dry building and not in damp, moist or freshly plastered areas.
- The structural strength of the door shall not be impaired in fitting the door, application of hardware, cutting (Doors shall only be trimmed to Manufacturer's recommended maximum amount) or altering the door, fitting locks or hardware to stile an rail joints is to be avoided.
- Doors must be inspected for any visible defects before hanging or applying 1st coat of paint/stain or varnish finish.
- Notice must be given within 7 (seven) days of delivery of any defects found to Kohlen Doors. Immediately after fitting and prior to hanging, the entire door including Door Top, Sides and Bottom Edges and at cut outs (for locks, handles or hinges) two coats of paint/stain or varnish must be applied to prevent undue absorption of moisture.
- Kohlen Doors cannot be held responsible for any conditions beyond its control, such as variation in Moisture Content of the atmosphere.
- Semi-Gloss or satin finishes are recommended for all Doors to reduce "show through"
- All finishes are to be applied in strict accordance with paint/stain or varnish manufacturer's instructions. Entrance and Exterior Doors should be finished in light reflective colours to reduce the risk of heat absorption which may cause warping or shrinking. DARK COLOURS MAY VOID WARRANTY. Both faces should have similar colours applied. Regular inspection and maintenance should be undertaken to prevent deterioration.
- Kohlen Doors will not assume responsibility for Doors which become defective due as a result of failing to follow these recommendations after Doors leave the control of Kohlen Doors.
- Kohlen Doors is not liable to reimburse any purchase for Doors repaired or replaced without prior written consent. As set out in Australian standards AS 2688 (1984 – Timber doors), a warp not exceeding 5mm shall not be considered a defect. Nothing contained herein shall exclude the rights which any purchaser may have as a result of any obligations imposed on manufacturers and suppliers by the trade practices act or similar state and Territory Laws.
All Doors sold by Kohlen Doors are warranted to be of good quality workmanship and material, free from any defects that would render them unserviceable, while used for the purpose which they were manufactured, for five years from the date of purchase. The warranty is void if the doors are not installed and finished as per Kohlen Doors specifications. Kohlen Doors agrees to replace at its option, unfinished and without charge, any door found to be defective within the meaning of this Warranty.